"Meeting Dear Lizzy" Layout

posted on: 1.26.2013

 photo IMG_2126_zpsdc17d284.png One of the highlights of CHA was being able to chat with Elizabeth Kartchner, designer and founder of Dear Lizzy. She was so kind to take a photo with me using her Instax mini (I may need one of those). When I got done chatting with her, I took a photo of the polaroid and posted it on Facebook. I got the photo printed at Walgreens, check out my Instagram printing video. The layout is definitely a unique one. I have never done a layout with such a large journaling spot but I quite enjoy the look. You can actually read my writing on this one. Someday a handwriting class will come in very helpful and is definitely on my to do list. I finished off the page with hand cut elements, dear lizzy embellishments, wood veneer and stitching.
 photo IMG_2131_zpsd50c7446.png  photo IMG_2129_zps2c7f2c4e.png  photo IMG_2130_zps926fee13.png

8 comments:

  1. I have only just discovered your blog but I love your work and this page is no exception, the little details like the lace in the corner are cool. It must have been so exciting to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all-time favourite layouts of yours! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your LO Drew! I also love your blog and all your work. Don't ever stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout. I love it very much. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got the Instax mini - and after taking 15 pics (exactly!) - it stopped working. what a shame! I planned on making lots of mini albums with it... anyway your LO is beautiful! I love the fact that the journaling is the high light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Drew - I've started watching Ustream/Primaflower and LOVE your segments. You always keep me laughing and I learn so much from your projects that you present. You are a very gifted young man. Never lose that great smile and your positive energy you share with all of us.

    The layout is absolutely amazing and lucky you to have met Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the layers! -Katie
    www.punkprojects.com

    ReplyDelete